These recipes are all super tasty. In my book they are all Tried and True. I hope these inspire you to try something carazay. Seriously, get funky & make mistakes. That’s how the best recipes are created!
1. Can help Control Blood Sugar Levels
2. Can increase Satiety and Helps with Weight Loss
3. Can improve Digestion Thanks to a High Fiber Content
4. Can help Protect Against Heart Disease and Cancer
5. Provide Essential Vitamins and Minerals
6. Are a great Source of Plant-Based Protein
There's a lot more info here: http://draxe.com/chickpeas-nutrition/
Chickpea, Avocado & Feta Salad
You only need 5 minutes to make this healthy salad!
INGREDIENTS:1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
2 avocados, pitted, and chopped
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons green onion
1/3 cup feta cheese
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and black pepper, to taste
My Tasty Tip: Combine avocado & lime first to stop the avocado from browning!
Check out Maria & Josh at:
Hummus Without Tahini1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
2 to 4 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
¾ tsp. ground cumin
¼ to ½ tsp. salt
1. Combine the garlic and lemon first and blend until minced (this takes away the overpowering garlic flavor).
2. Forget the cumin and shake in some sesame seeds if you have them. Not something you have to do, just something I like to do.
3. Reserve some of the water from the can. Instead of using regular water, use the juice from the can. It brings the flavors together IMO.
Check out Amanda at:
Super Secret Cookie Dough
1 1/2 cups Cooked chickpeas
1/3 cup Chunky OR creamy peanut butter
2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. Sea salt (omit if using salted nut butter)
2 Tbsp. Almond milk or other non-dairy milk
3-4 Tbsp. Coconut palm sugar, honey, agave or a combo
2 Tbsp. Flaxseed meal, almond or other nut meal or oat flour
Chocolate chunks, chips or carob or cacao nibs (Lindt's Hint of Sea Salt – my fav!)
My Tasty Tips:
1. I prefer adding brown sugar for the texture. It brings a "crunch" to the cookie dough that you know you love when you sneak a bite of the real stuff! Usually I cringe thinking about crunching sugar between my teeth. This is the ultimate exception!
2. Wait until the chick peas have cooled after cooking to start the recipe. I did not do this, so my chocolate melted into the dough (no chunks of chocolate...boooo!)
3. I thought the peanut butter was a bit overwhelming because I don't usually reach for a peanut butter cookie, I'm more of a chocolate chip gal. This is cooks preference...but if you prefer regular cookie dough I'd omit the PB all together.
Ps: The husband had no idea it was chick pea until I told him. He is a sucker for eggless cookie dough recipes, so I wanted to find a fun & healthy one. This was a big win!
Check out Nora's Full Recipe at:
High Protein Energy Balls
Makes 30 balls
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup almonds
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
My Tasty Tips:
1. Make sure you get the garbonzo beans to a very smooth texture
2. They are yummy as a frozen treat!
3. Keeping the peanut butter in this recipe helps differentiate my cookie dough and my protein balls a bit. This way I can have whichever flavor I'm in the mood for.
Check Out Maryea At:
Smashed Chickpea Avocado SandwichIngredients:
1 avocado - pit removed and scooped from peel
2 scallions roughly chopped
1 large handful of parsley
2 oz feta cheese
1 small lemon juiced - about 2 Tbs
15 oz can of chickpeas
2 stalks of celery - diced
Bread for sandwiches - I used toasted sour dough
Cucumber slices and fresh spinach to add to the sandwich as topping.
My Tasty Tip: IMO cucumber doesn't go with the sandwich. But if you love cucumber than add it!
Check Out the Full Recipe At:
Ingredients:2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas, Rinsed and Dried (1 Can)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1-2 Tablespoons Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
My Tasty Tips:
1. Buy that fresh ground black pepper if you haven't yet. It makes everything better IMO!
2. For a hassle free cleanup, use parchment paper on your pan.
3. Just do it. It's so easy!
Checkout the Full Recipe At:
Foolproof Roasted Chick Peas:
Check Out Lindsay''s Full Recipe At:
I could add about 20 more recipes to this list.
Chick peas are incredibly versatile and they just so happen to be really good for you, too.
Take advantage of these recipes and go wild!!
Seriously, don't you want to go out and buy 10 cans now? That's what I did! I did tons of experimenting and will continue to do more.
Happy Chick pea-ing<3 Amber