Hey friends! I’m back again with another granola recipe. This one’s easier and probably healthier than the last (there’s no ramen in this one ;-)) But that’s not to say I don’t love both.
Anywho–here it is:
The only part that takes some time is chopping the dates because I do this by hand…the rest is a BREEZE!
I tear apart my pantry for anything and everything I think would be good in granola. In this case I chose: rolled oats, dates, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans, almonds in any form -except wasabi because that’s just gross, – pepitas, millet (a nutty grain similar to quinoa), coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup (the real stuff…it has potassium! Does that make it healthy? 😉 )
First things first
- I chop my dates because it’s the most tedious task. Just get’er done…the rest is mindless.
- A make-shift recipe I made while I was adding stuff to my granola. You can tell where I added things last minute…like sprinkling millet:
- Preheat your oven to 270°.
- Do this after you chop your dates. It’s not a high temp and takes hardly any time to get it there.
- Lay parchment paper on the cookie sheet you’ll be using.
- Feel free to DOUBLE DOWN on the recipe. This stuff goes fast.
- Gather all nuts, seeds and dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- (I used: 1/4 c. pecans, 2 handfuls pepitas, 3 tbs chia seeds, 1/2 c. almonds, 1/2 c. sunflower seeds, sprinkle millet)
- Melt your wet ingredients:
- coconut oil (4 tbs.), maple syrup (1/2 c.) & vanilla extract (splash). I use the microwave!
- Once melted mix everything well
- Lay evenly on parchment paper
- Bake for 25 minutes & flip
- Bake an additional 20 minutes
- Turn off oven and leave granola in there
- Wait until oven is cool to remove granola
- Snack on granola while putting it away. It should be easy to pick up paper and shake into a container.
- Enjoy as a bowl of cereal, a quick, handy snack, in yogurt, or in any form really. Yogurt is y FAVE. I buy plain, greek and spruce it up with a touch of honey and some granola. It’s. So. Good!
When I make a double batch it fills my cereal container more than 3/4 full. I never make the same batch twice, I always have different things in my pantry and i’ll tell you it turns out amazing every time.
- 2 C. Oats
- 1¼ C. [hand] Chopped Dates
- ¼ C. Chopped Pecans
- 1/ 2C. Pepitas
- ½ C. Slivered, chopped, or sliced Almonds
- ¼ C. Sunflower Seeds
- 3 Tbs. Chia Seeds
- Sprinkle Millet
- 4 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- ½ C. Pure Maple Syrup
- Splash Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips to taste
- Chop Dates
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl- nuts, seeds, grains
- Preheat Oven to 270 degrees
- Lay Parchment Paper on Cookie Sheet
- Melt Wet ingredients together -Coconut oil, Pure Maple Syrup
- Mix everything well
- Lay evenly on prepared-no need to oil- cookie sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Bake an addition 20 minutes
- Turn off oven
- Leave Granola in oven until cool
- Once cool--add chocolate chips or raisins if desired.